Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Did We Get to the Point That We Could Consider a Communist for Pr
TheRealThing Wrote:That's not what I said. Are you really that slow on the uptake, or is it you are that desperate to try and look informed? Having an extra 10 trillion dollars infused into the economy IS a big deal. Your top 1% only argument is past absurd because most Americans are invested in the stock market.

The last sadly laughable paragraph. Lyndon Baines Johnson was wrong when he launched the US off into a bottomless sea of red ink with his Great Society Initiative. Once we started giving people stuff just because they were poor, there was to be no way to draw any kind of line in the sand. In doing so Johnson created the "poor class" of today, over which the left are constantly fawning. But once that gravy train chugged out of DC, everybody wanted their fair share. Every special interest, every cause, every hope lined up at every stop. Keynesian Dems have been particularly naïve in this cause as they have always believed money sort of magically reproduces itself. That naivite alone is the basis for their belief that the US can incorporate everything and provide welfare for everyone down to and including the Yucatan Peninsula.

It's always hilarious to see people like you come on here and argue out one side of your mouth for ever more goodies for the poor, while out the other you blame fiscally conservative Republicans, corporations and free enterprise for the deficits. All the while denying military threats which without question, have today risen to the existential level. It was Dem idiocy which allowed our avowed enemies to catch up to and match our level of military hardware in the first place. And I guess you must have missed this but Obama did tweet today bragging that it was his bailout that not only started the underwhelming recovery over which he presided but is responsible for the economic boom times under MR Trump. :biglmao:

Hard to keep up with all of you.

A slight majority not most Americans own stock. Certainly more people than voted for the current president. Let's be realistic; somebody who has 10 grand in a 401k is nothing in relationship to the 1%.

Actually I'm not arguing for the poor. They already have all the goodies. The rich have the goodies. I'm arguing for the middle class to get a break instead of paying all the bills and doing all the work.

Republicans have not been fiscally conservative. In the last 20 years the debt has exploded because of Republican actions: wars and tax cuts. Even worse when they have gotten two terms they have produced economic recessions with H. W. Bush the exception it just took him one to produce an economic recession.
The right has lost the fiscal conservative high-horse along with the morality high-horse over the past 20 years. You can keep screaming it, but it's not what is displayed: they spend like crazy and they elect morally bankrupt politicians.

I hated it, but Obama's bailout did jumpstart the dead economy, so technically he's right.
Messages In This Thread
How Did We Get to the Point That We Could Consider a Communist for Pr - by Cardfan1 - 02-18-2020, 08:45 PM