Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
FOX NEWS' Chris Wallace
The format was completely inadequate. The idea that they would take on what was it, 6 different topics in 90 minutes in two minute response segments was absurd. Barely afforded Biden time to squeeze in his rehearsed talking points, much less come close to giving the President time to respond.
ARTICLE----
"Wallace even took knocks from some of his colleagues at Fox News. However, they criticized him not for his inability to exert control over the proceedings, but for what they saw as a bias for Biden."
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/09/30/d...olleagues/

Duh, ya think?

But I'm with you, I warned people that Wallace was in the tank for Biden and started not to watch the debate either, but my wife was interested. Her take was that the whole thing was an embarrassment. And frankly I thought Trump was taken a bit back by how things were handled. I mean, one minute Biden doesn't know the difference between 200 thousand and 200 million, and the next he's ready to spout statistics for 45 minutes straight on 6 different impromptu areas of Chris Wallace's particular interest.

When it was  the President's time to go first Wallace would ask a question favorable to Biden and when it was Biden's turn to go first he would ask a question favorable to Biden's cause as well. To wit, for the final question which came out of left field, Wallace asked the President to denounce white supremacy. Which left Trump scratching his head. Then Wallace excoriated him while he was yet speaking. Which of course set the stage for Biden to land uprightly with jaw all jutted out, on White Supremacists.  I know why he did it, but I don't know that Wallace could have picked a more irrelevant question. But that was the way things had gone all night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealThing's post:
  • WideRight05
Messages In This Thread
FOX NEWS' Chris Wallace - by TheRealThing - 10-01-2020, 01:12 PM
RE: FOX NEWS' Chris Wallace - by WideRight05 - 10-01-2020, 02:13 PM
RE: FOX NEWS' Chris Wallace - by TheRealThing - 10-01-2020, 08:25 PM
RE: FOX NEWS' Chris Wallace - by WideRight05 - 10-02-2020, 10:35 AM
RE: FOX NEWS' Chris Wallace - by Spirit100 - 10-04-2020, 10:48 AM
RE: FOX NEWS' Chris Wallace - by Hoot Gibson - 10-08-2020, 08:41 PM
RE: FOX NEWS' Chris Wallace - by TheRealThing - 10-12-2020, 11:04 PM