Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
OSH's Rock Music Lyrics" Name that Tune " Game
For my next one, I am going to go with a song I believe was a one-hit wonder that reached the top 15 of the charts back in the late 70's.    If you were a high school kid back in the 70's like I was , this song was the bomb for getting in the car and just cruising the shopping center or other favorite cruising spots in town.  Actually, I think the song is not so much about the joys of cruising around as it is about the fragmented, conflicting emotions that occur at the end of a relationship.  All of us who were kids in the 70's encountered that as well, didn't we?  Anyway, I LOVE this song. See if you can name it.  Bonus pt. for naming the group who made it their one-hit wonder:

"Jenny was sweet
She always smiled for the people she'd meet
On trouble and strife
She had another way of looking at life

The news is blue 
Has its own way to get to you 
What can I do
I'll not remember my time with you

Pick up your feet
You've got to move to the trick of the beat
There is no elite
Just take your place in the ____  ____  "

Granny and VH :  I am also a Cumberland College graduate, back when we were the Indians.  Small world...

(12-29-2020, 02:25 PM)Van Hagar Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 01:55 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Since you're talking country music, I don't know how many times my grandchildren and I drove up I-75 singing this song to the top of our lungs.  It has a swinging beat that the kids loved!!  LOL  What a classic

I drive a '57 Chevrolet
With busted tail lights
Burned out valves and a leaky radiator
I wear a twenty dollar suit
I bought from J.C. Penney's
Back in 1962

My very first concert was when I was in college in the late sixties.  Back before it became College of the Cumberlands, it was known as Cumberland College and it forbade the playing of football.  I saw Kenny Rogers and the First Edition.  Are you old enough to remember that??  LOL

Several things. One, the country lyrics I quoted were indeed from the great (and Kentucky’s own) Patty Loveless, that song was Timber, I’m Falling in Love. Two, I was almost a Cumberland College Indian (wound up at UK, would have been happier at Cumberland).  And three, I’m a music geek, and I don’t have the first clue what song those lyrics are from, which is really bugging v me!!!

(12-29-2020, 02:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 11:10 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: The Boys are Back by Thin Lizzy. And, although I don’t know for sure, I’m going to guess by your clue that Eddie Rabbit wrote Kentucky Rain.

You are correct , sir, on both. Nice job.

(12-29-2020, 02:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 11:10 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: The Boys are Back by Thin Lizzy. And, although I don’t know for sure, I’m going to guess by your clue that Eddie Rabbit wrote Kentucky Rain.

You are correct , sir, on both. Nice job.

VH,  would you give one little clue on the writer of "Wagon Wheel" ?  Not a give away clue but just a small one.   I'm going to take another  guess, again a total guess, and say Neil Young.   I'm thinking from the lyrics maybe it is someone who isn't from this area of the country and , since Neil is a prolific songwriter , I will go with him as my guess.

Not Mr. Young, although another great guess. This may be too much of a clue, but here goes. This year, this artist became the only act in history to have at least one top-40 album in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s and 20s. So I guess that rules out Justin Bieber.????
Paul McCartney???
Messages In This Thread
RE: OSH's Rock Music Lyrics" Name that Tune " Game - by Old School Hound - 12-29-2020, 02:37 PM