Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
OSH's Rock Music Lyrics" Name that Tune " Game
Granny, you and VH are killing this classic rock boy with these country tunes.  lol    I'm not doing too well on them. Actually, I do love the old classic country. Not so much with the new"country"  of the 2000's . Granny, you spoke of your days of line dancing in Knoxville.  I have a little secret. I used to do a little two-stepping at  little club in Corbin back in the early nineties(there goes my classic rock "man card").  So, just for you two, my next one will be the song I two-stepped to(not very well, either) back in the day. As a classic rock fiend, I'm not proud of it, but we all have out youthful indiscretions, I guess.    Wink

"What do you say when it's over?
I don't know if I should say anything at all
One day we're rollin' in the clover
Next thing, you know, we take the fall ...

I guess, I always knew I couldn't hold you
But I'd never be the one to set you free
Just like some old nursery rhyme your Mama told you
You still believe in some old, 'Meant to be' "

This song had one of the great opening lines to any song(and probably one of the most recognizable of all time). Since that line would likely be a give-a-away, I will use another lyric. Let's journey back to 1971. I can remember us singing this song in our third grade music class(RIP , Mrs Gibson) :

"You know I love the ladies
Love to have my fun
I'm a high life flyer and a rainbow rider
A straight shootin' son-of-a-gun...
I said a straight shootin' son-of-a-gun"
Messages In This Thread
RE: OSH's Rock Music Lyrics" Name that Tune " Game - by Old School Hound - 12-31-2020, 11:26 AM