Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Pro-Trump protesters storm US Capitol as lawmakers gather to count electoral votes
(01-07-2021, 12:49 AM)mr.fundamental Wrote: I pray for the woman that lost her life today and for her family. I know that property was damaged over the summer and that is not right either. However, the difference is today someone lost their life.

Shockingly, I feel for the entire group.  Every action they did yesterday is deplorable, but they have been radicalized and roped into a cult of lies.  It was easy for these charlatans to do this...It was easy for Trump and his minions to tap into this frustration because our government hasn't been serving our citizens for at least 40 years. 

I know they would hate to acknowledge this, but t
hese people are just like those who protested and rioted over the summer. 

Our politicians and government have promised and presented an American Dream, if you will just pull yourself up by the bootstraps, but that doesn't exist.  That Dream has been gone for years and even if you get it, it is tenuous and based on chance.  Any slight mistake or mishap can knock you off the tight rope with no safety net.  Most of us have to do everything perfectly to live the American Dream in 2020.  

The protestors in the summer argued for criminal and social justice reform.  They were met with force and constant gaslighting that nothing is wrong with our systems even though YEARS of evidence to the contrary.  Both sides know the real truth of how systematic oppression has limited upward movement in Black communities.  Their frustrations remain at a boiling point.  These people are a firebrand away from becoming truly radicalized, if some aren't already.  

Yesterday, we had a group of citizens that are being led the other way toward hate, because they are angry and frustrated.  Their livelihoods have changed due to bad trade deals, drug influx, a failure of the education system, or a bevy of other problems.  And then throw on COVID, that has been weaponized for political gain.  These citizens have been stretched more and more, and they are breaking just as the folks protesting social justice.  They already have their firebrand and he has a megaphone of networks and parrots.  He has the hearts of these people and they believe he can save them; reinstitute what they have lost; and punish those who haven stolen their way of life.  He can't.  He wasn't trying.   

I have said this many times on here.  This nation serves one master:  wealth.  If our govt doesn't start to work for its citizens, we will continue to have this unrest and insurrection.  If our politicians only exist to be reelected and make others wealthy, instead of lead and serve, then demagogues, who only want the world to burn for them, will continue to pop up. 

The real problem occurs when the firebrand can unite the disenfranchised from both sides.  If that occurs this nation that was once the greatest, will crumble.  We need an entire shift in the focus of the United States domestic policy, or we won't be a United States much longer.  
Messages In This Thread
RE: Pro-Trump protesters storm US Capitol as lawmakers gather to count electoral votes - by Cardfan1 - 01-07-2021, 12:07 PM