Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Leader Speaks Out About Trump and the Capitol Insurrection
(01-15-2021, 12:21 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 12:47 AM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 09:07 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I can’t get passed the fact you are comparing Trump to FDR, Kennedy, or even Clinton.  Big Grin Big Grin

I understand you have to pick the best of bad choices, but that’s not what evangelicals have done with Trump.

Many have worshiped Trump and make a suggestion as if he is the second coming.  Hell, some of the stuff you’ve posted on here is near worship. I’ve watched Copeland, White, Graham  speak in tongues.  Some pastors have turned nearly militant.  I’ve never seen them treat any president this way. 

I understand the awful, sinful Democrats (another example of hypocrisy), but Trump has nearly become a wing of the Holy Trinity.  His sins have been normalized.  His hatred and apathy has been normalized.  He has been celebrated by evangelicals. He has been lifted up. 

That’s not hold your nose and vote.

Oh I am sure you get 'passed' all the time. I realize you're not about to be reasonable, but then I as keep telling you, you serve a purpose. My comparisons of FDR et-al were spot-on and don't need your validation in the least.

And your less than witty and doctrinally illiterate post made to Hoot about judging is just as weak. YOU have indeed judged Trump's moral character and his standing with Christ. And you will be judged just as harshly as you have judged Trump for doing so, as I have posted. Or, you can drop the act that absolutely nobody believes or is impressed with excepting of course vector, and let up off the laugh icon for 2 seconds.  I mean I get it. There is zero by way of evidence that the President has broken the law, and if not the 20 something percent of the left, history will restore the record.

When you say "many have worshiped Trump" let alone the blasphemy regarding the second coming, you lie.

Are you online much?   

TRT, there is literal religious imagery portraying Trump as Christ, at the hand of God, fighting the devil, as an angel, etc.  These televangelists pray over him like he is delivering the world from evil.  They never prayed for Obama, W, Clinton, or H.W. like this.  They may have been mentioned in passing at maybe 9/11 or during wartime, but not routinely in every message.  

I have heard people talk about "God sent Trump" to lead us, and him losing or being removed for his crimes is an act against God.  

There are millions of people who feel this way.  

If I am judged for speaking the proven truth about Trump, they ain't none of us getting in. 

BTW, Obama, Nancy, Joe, Democrat haters will be turned away from the Pearly Gates too using your dogma.

The internet is a cesspool of nastiness Cardfan, one can find anything he wants to on the internet. But lies are still lies and imagery be damned, Christ is Savior and no true Christian believes anything else.

But allow me to amend my post, you lie viciously. But that's it Cardfan, when wrong the left's default setting is always the doubledown.

As I have posted the Scriptures clearly state that it is the Lord Who establishes Kings and Presidents etc. They are not all good Kings and Presidents because the people they rule get what they ask for. Especially when a people turn their backs on Him, chief among whom and as in the case of Israel, whose people know their nation was always intended to be the leaders of God's outreach to the world.

At one point in Israel's past the people, in similar fashion as has the US, turned their backs on God. Beginning in 2 Chronicles 12 the Lord gives us a list of Israel's bad apple kings. Beginning with Rehoboam who was Solomon's son, believe it or not, but he presided over the split of Israel which saw the appearance of the northern kingdom of Israel and the southern kingdom of Judah. There are 10 more to follow, all of whom being idol worshipers and who did evil in the sight of the Lord and caused great harm to befall Israel, culminating in the Babylonian captivity.

But you're right, outside of bowing before Christ in true repentance for one's sin, nobody's getting in. Nobody. Which is why your contempt for the Church, for which out of ignorance you regularly pronounce judgment, is so absurd. I believe America presently teeters on a similar brink as did Israel. We murder without regard millions of innocent babies. We pass laws in contravention to the law of God. We have banned mention of Him in the public square as our leaders pray to Brahma. I have no doubt that Billy Graham and his wife's  observation with regard to the United States' immediate future is on the money.

"MY HEART ACHES FOR AMERICA" 

Some years ago, my wife, Ruth, was reading the draft of a book I was writing. When she finished a section describing the terrible downward spiral of our nation’s moral standards and the idolatry of worshiping false gods such as technology and sex, she startled me by exclaiming, “If God doesn’t punish America, He’ll have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.” ----Billy Graham
https://billygraham.org/story/billy-grah...r-america/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Leader Speaks Out About Trump and the Capitol Insurrection - by TheRealThing - 01-15-2021, 01:19 PM