Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Live Concerts: Who Impressed? Who Disappointed? Who Do Regret Not Getting to See?
(02-02-2021, 01:57 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: The best deal, by far, I ever got on a concert was Don Henley came to Rupp for a solo show, early 90s I think, and it was sponsored by the Ky Lottery. You could buy a ticket for $5 along with a losing lottery ticket. I’m not a lottery player, but I immediately went out and bought a ticket hoping for a loser!  And Henley was great, did all of his solo hits, plus Eagles songs that he sang.

That's funny .    Smile

Btw, anytime I've ever been to a Fleetwood Mac show, you see people(usually first-time Mac concert-goers) before the show anticipating getting to see who, in their minds, will be the star of the show- Stevie Nicks.  Wrong. On the way out, all the talk is about Buckingham. One of the best and most underrated talents ever. A real showman. Incredible guitarist. I will never pay for a ticket to see the Mac without Buckingham. Both times he has left the band, they hired two guys to replace him . Both times it fell way short. Immense talent. Very unique style of playing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Live Concerts: Who Impressed? Who Disappointed? Who Do Regret Not Getting to See? - by Old School Hound - 02-02-2021, 05:05 PM