Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Live Concerts: Who Impressed? Who Disappointed? Who Do Regret Not Getting to See?
(02-03-2021, 04:56 PM)clipperw Wrote: I saw Paul McCartney in Cincinnati in 2011. I also saw Miranda Lambert that same year. I would have loved to have watched The Beatles in concert but alas, they broke up 13 years before I was born. I attended a lot of concerts with my Mom to see some of her favorite artists. The Oak Ridge Boys at Paramount Arts Center and Marty Stuart at the Mountain Arts Center are two of my favorite memories with her. She passed away last year so those memories are even more special to me.

She never really hit it big after appearing on "The Voice" but I saw Kelsie May open for Pam Tillis a few years ago. Mom went to see Pam Tillis but I was there to see Kelsie. After the show I got to meet her and she was really nice. She actually recognized me from commenting on some of her music posts on her Facebook fan page. That was my all time favorite personal memory.

I would have loved to also saw The Association in concert as well.

clipperw, thanks for your comment. Feel free to join our music threads any time. My sis saw Paul McCartney last year. I wish I could have seen Paul and Linda's band, Wings , in the seventies. I loved their music(better than the Beatles ).

My very concert was Elton John in Rupp Arena . My mom attended that concert with me. We sat near a speaker and mom couldn't anything for about an hour after the concert ended. lol   

I always loved Pam Tillis. She has that classic country sound. ( She must have had a big influence in her family, huh?  lol)

Music is one thing that binds us all together. No matter what our backgrounds, our politics, our religious beliefs, we all share a love of music. Music creates memories. When we hear a favorite song from the past, we are taken back to that time in our lives. While we may lose the physical touch of someone we love, that love lives on in the memories we made with that person. I'm glad that you have those memories of attending concerts with your mom. I'm sure when you hear some of those songs today you think of your mom and the good times you had listening to that music together.

I'm sending out this one in memory of your mom. Have a blessed day.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • clipperw
Messages In This Thread
RE: Live Concerts: Who Impressed? Who Disappointed? Who Do Regret Not Getting to See? - by Old School Hound - 02-03-2021, 06:53 PM