Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Which is More Important to You - Conservatism or "The Weird Worship of One Dude" ?
(02-06-2021, 07:14 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 06:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Ronald Reagan believed in voting for the most conservative candidate who is electable. That is also my voting strategy. Reagan also did not believe in stabbing other Republicans in the back, which is why he commanded such loyalty from his political allies. Reagan would not have been happy about Sasse's comments about the scheduled impeachment trial, nor would he have approved of Sasse blaming Trump for the storming of the Capitol.

Sasse has been very vocal in his public criticism of Trump throughout his first term. He could have and should have disagreed with Trump on policy without being disagreeable. Now, he is paying a political cost and rightfully so.
Ronald Reagan would not voted for Trump he would more than likely write some one in 
But we will never no for sure unless you can produce your time machine and ask him 
Quooter

I think it's a safe assumption that Reagan would have not voted for Trump.  The list of conservatives or centrist Republicans who either voted for Biden or didn't vote for Trump is longer than I have time to list. Just a few who come to mind:  Longtime conservative columnists George Will and William Kristol.   Also, you had Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, MA Gov. Charlie Baker, Vermont Gov. Phil Scott, Mitt Romney,  John Bolton, William McRaven, Colin Powell, Carly Fiorina, John Kasich, Rick Snyder, Jeff Flake, Miles Taylor, James Mattis, John Kelly, Tom Ridge, Cindy McCain, Marc Racicot, Michael Steele, Lisa Murkowski, George W. Bush, Jeb Bush , Hoot Gibson.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Which is More Important to You - Conservatism or "The Weird Worship of One Dude" ? - by Old School Hound - 02-06-2021, 07:59 PM