Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paintsville 48 Johnson Central 46 (15th Region Championship)
(03-28-2021, 10:11 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 09:23 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Anything other than a tight, down to the wire prediction and people were either trolling or being biased. Central, IMO, let one get away being up 4 late.

I’ve watched the charge call on Fugate and it almost turned the outcome of the game. 100% bad call. The defender was always moving,  totally flopped, and Fugate’s drive to the goal really wasn’t all that aggressive. For those of you that understand driving to the goal, he shot the ball with two hands and it is near impossible to be out of control and do that. And then they magnified the terrible call with a T. Unless a kid punches you, you shallow your whistle in that setting. Mid season game- light him up, but not with a minute to go in the finals of the Regional, especially after you just made a call that 80% of the time decided the game.

Both sides played hard and either could have won. Central was up 5 at the half and up 4 with a minute left and had the last shot in regulation but Paintsville found a way to get it done.

Congratulations to JC on a great season.

Yeah. These refs were Charge hungry refs. They’d let you play and then bail a lot of slow rotations out with a charge call. Happen a lot all tourney.
JC and Paintsville beat the physical hell out of each other and I’m fine with that, but I have no earthly idea why “charge calls” are what refs emphasize. 

Neither team shot the ball well especially considering all the talent that was on the floor.