Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ?
(04-29-2021, 04:26 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I like how our president lowers his voice to almost  whisper and gives the impression of speaking directly to each and every one of us.  His proposals are very bold- almost Rooseveltian in its scope- and yet his presentation is very down to earth and unpretentious.  Paid family leave, child care, elderly care - his proposals for helping American families shows him to be a man who is empathetic to needs of average Americans. I think the president has lofty aspirations for our country and wants to help restore our reputation around the world. I think this president wants to be transformational and not just a fixer of problems. He wants to transform the system to make it more fair to average Americans like you and I.

Our Commander-in -Chief  closed with :

We have stared into an abyss of insurrection and autocracy — of pandemic and pain — and “We the People” did not flinch.

At the very moment our adversaries were certain we would pull apart and fail.

We came together.

United.

With light and hope, we summoned new strength and new resolve.

To position us to win the competition for the 21st Century.

On our way forward to a Union more perfect. More prosperous. More just.

As one people. One nation. One America.

It’s never been a good bet to bet against America.

And it still isn’t.

We are the United States of America.

There is nothing – nothing – beyond our capacity – nothing we can’t do – if we do it together.

America was on display tonight. Return to normalcy was on display. Respect has returned. America is on its way back. I wish all Americans could unite and get behind this president's very forward thinking agenda for America. Unfortunately, forty percent of people will never get behind any aspect of this gentle and kind man's blue collar blueprint for America . Disrupt and obstruct is what those forty percent envision for your America.

I'm hoping that our president builds America back better.  That's what we should all hope. We the people ... United .
You make up a number out of thin air and try to pass it off as fact. Biden's speech was only 51% favorable to CNN's radical Dem viewers, less popular than Trump's first speech. A recent fake poll that had Biden approval rating at 52% oversampled Dems by 30 points.
Messages In This Thread
RE: President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ? - by jetpilot - 04-29-2021, 02:08 PM