Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ?
(05-02-2021, 03:15 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:34 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 01:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 08:11 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Which Marxist-leninist proposals get your goat, Hooter? 

Expanded preschool?
free community college? 
taxpayer funded childcare?
improved elder care?  
safe water programs? 

those the ones that make you hate Joe Biden?  Or are there others?
I am for anything that benefits our children and our elderly and average American families.  As much as I despised Trump,  if he had proposed the ones you mentioned, I would have been for their passage. The current president's proposals are pretty bold and almost Rooseveltian or Johnsonian in scope and will be paid for by the wealthiest of the wealthy. However, they are pretty common sense and needed as well. Average Americans, middle class Americans, regardless of political persuasion or political hatreds, should advocate for proposals that help Average American families and families that are hurting. To borrow from Miss Lindsey, if you can't get behind American families who are hurting, maybe you need to do some soul searching and self-evaluation. Maybe check your Christian moniker at the door . What Would Jesus Do? What Would Joe Do?  I think Jesus and Joe would be in one accord on these kind of proposals. Let's cast our hatreds aside and get behind a president who really does care about helping your family and mine. That's a nice change from the last few years.
None of these programs will be "paid for" - not by the wealthy, not by anybody. China Joe, the influence peddler and traitor, along with his accomplices in Congress are simply piling debt upon debt to buy the votes of simpletons. What Democrats are doing is playing Russian roulette with our nation's debt. The odds of our entire economy collapsing while a Democrat or a Republican is in the White House is probably about even. It is an extremely irresponsible and cynical agenda. Our national debt will reach a tipping point and both parties understand that fact. Democrats has simply decided to buy as many votes as possible with new give away programs before we reach that point.

As interest on the national debt soars as a percentage of federal expenditures, the inflation rate will soar and our government will no longer be able to borrow enough money to pay for all of the idiotic programs that Democrats seek to create.
I don’t remember, but were you this worried about the debt when Trump cut taxes? When we spent 20 years and trillions fighting in the Middle East and Afghanistan?  When a moron thought we needed a wall at the southern border? 

probably not.  

The reality is the govt. is going to spend the money.  

What do you have against the things mentioned?

Well I do remember and as memory serves, your only function on here is to use liberal talking points to distort and disrupt honest dialogue.
TRT two steps again.  You got more moves today than the Wildhorse Saloon. 

what is your problem with these programs?
Messages In This Thread
RE: President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ? - by Cardfan1 - 05-02-2021, 03:50 PM