Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Time Bell County Football List
(02-23-2022, 03:44 PM)BigDawgPrez Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 07:23 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Might as well have a book, not a list. When you got years on years of great athletes and players, you can’t sum it up to a list. Bell County has been one of if not the most consistent team in the mountains since the 80s. With one losing season in 35+ years and dozens of 10 win seasons/ district titles. I think Bell county should have a football hall of fame in the endzone of the stadium that has all the records and accomplishments of the teams from the past, rather than the small mural in the lunchroom.

Bell County has had a lot of great players, but really were only successful when Dudley was there. A lot of Bell Co's success has come from the lackluster of teams they typically play in the regular season. Playoffs are different, I am not taking away from the caliber of teams they have had in the past, but historically their district has been mild to moderate and that sets them up to win big numbers of games. 

Again, great athletes have been through Bell High, but have to notice too that they can only win when Dudley is on the Hill.
Greer and Mills had more than lackluster success but i do agree with you to an extent. The players on the field have talent but have to have development as well, and nobody builds development in the weight room and practice field more than Dudley. A lot of these players wouldn’t have been the player they were if not for Dudley, especially the lineman. Mills won a lot of games  and did well as a coach at bell… BUT HE HAD ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS EVER AND LOST SO MUCH! There hasn’t been many teams with more raw talent than the 2011-14 run, and if dudley is there bell has another ring but mills let the program go downhill from effort, discipline, respect, etc. My most fond Bell memory is driving up to central and freezing to death to watch one of the best backs we ever had in Caldwell not to get the ball. We were more talented than corbin and central in some of those games, and coaching mistakes led to stupid close losses until the talent depleted there for a stretch. But now we don’t have to worry about all that cause corbin hired our problem.
Messages In This Thread
All Time Bell County Football List - by ArJay - 02-21-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: All Time Bell County Football List - by ArJay - 02-21-2022, 10:28 PM
RE: All Time Bell County Football List - by ArJay - 02-22-2022, 12:24 AM
RE: All Time Bell County Football List - by ArJay - 02-22-2022, 12:47 AM
RE: All Time Bell County Football List - by ArJay - 02-22-2022, 05:53 PM
RE: All Time Bell County Football List - by ArJay - 02-23-2022, 06:35 PM
RE: All Time Bell County Football List - by Gridiron_Raid - 02-23-2022, 07:06 PM
RE: All Time Bell County Football List - by ArJay - 02-23-2022, 08:06 PM
RE: All Time Bell County Football List - by ArJay - 02-24-2022, 04:51 PM
RE: All Time Bell County Football List - by ArJay - 05-24-2022, 01:47 PM