Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scared of the Right Thing for the Wrong Reason
Revelation 19:8-9
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
----------------------------------------------------------

In yet another twist of what I would call ultimate irony, although I do not accept the validity of the notion of climate change: men are right to worry about a time when the sun will scorch them to the point of nearly burning their skin off. But the great heat coming upon the earth will not be the result of fumes from your tailpipe--- climate change in other words. This great heat will be unleashed upon unrepentant men as one of the seven plagues associated with the 7 vial judgements of the Great Tribulation. Since the days of the Great Flood Judgment, the Lord has been longsuffering in withholding further judgment upon mankind. But the days of His longsuffering are nearly over as we see the inevitable slide into Globalism intensify day by day. And as I have noted, Globalism is the on-ramp to the one world government and at government's head will sit one man. Antichrist

Have you ever wondered why men are so obsessed with civilization ending circumstance? Extinction level weather events are a common theme in movies and TV shows. That along with the threat of existential illnesses, food shortages, water shortages, pollution; you name it and men are afraid of it. Ironically these examples are specifically called out in the Tribulation judgments which BTW, God who lives outside of time and Who as a consequence is free to observe the beginning of man or the end of man as He may choose, has foreseen it and recorded it in His Holy Word. Put another way, the book of Revelation is actually a history book as observed and recorded as seen through the eyes of God. Not one iota of Scripture will fail to happen. It's called prophecy and it's a done deal.

But as I asked, why are men so obsessed with the idea of the end of man? In my view though they are lost, they are nonetheless brilliant and intuitive. Men therefore know instinctively that their own end is near. It has to do with the fact that we are all created by God, spiritual beings with the power to choose. Therefore what we choose becomes our ultimate reality. The saved for example choose to bow in repentance before God, asking for forgiveness. Theirs becomes eternal life with the God of this universe. The lost on the other hand, as in the case of those in the scripture above, will choose to blaspheme God right up to the end. Their end is eternal punishment in Hell which was created primarily for Satan and his fallen angels. It's hard to explain but the vast majority of those alive today will choose to die in their sin. But being spiritual beings we know instinctively that one, there is a God to Whom we must answer: and two, the end of time is upon us.

Either way make no mistake. Heaven will be filled with those who chose to bow before God. While Hell will be filled with those who chose to defy God.

Romans 1

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of people who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 

19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 

20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, being understood by what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Scared of the Right Thing for the Wrong Reason - by TheRealThing - 08-27-2022, 09:42 PM