Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liz(Cheney) & Me: What's the World Coming To?
(12-16-2022, 02:50 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I agree that Donald Trump is not a conservative , or even knows what a conservative is. He will play the role of a conservative to benefit himself . He would also play the role of a liberal(which he has) if he thought it would be to his personal benefit.

Just like I've said about Mitch many times, I'll say about Liz as well. Never count her out. Strong woman!!!

Hoot, do you really believe that Liz's actions were just a revenge thing for Trump's slimy treatment of her friend, Jeb?  You don't think she was disturbed by 1/6 and thought her country's democracy was jeopardized and wanted to hold the perpetrators accountable? She would sacrifice her political career because of Jeb's hurt feelings?  Come on now, Hoot.  I think her motivations were noble and not just some petty personal thing over Trump's belittling of her friend and former governor .
Liz Cheney is not just a "friend of Jeb." Liz Cheney is part of what was one of the most powerful political dynasties in this nation's history. All of Liz Cheney's political power flowed to her as a part of that dynasty. Jeb Bush was supposed to be the dynasty's next president and Trump killed the dynasty by lopping off its head. Liz Cheney's political prospects were greatly diminished when Trump mortally wounded the Bush-Cheney dynasty.

There was nothing noble about supporting the unfounded impeachments of Donald Trump and there was nothing noble about Liz Cheney's role in destroying the lives of innocent trespassers as part of a petty political feud. Note that I am not claiming that there were no participants in the January 6 event that deserved prosecution, but many were guilty of nothing more than walking through an open door of a public building - and that is what I meant by them being arguably guilty of trespassing.

People died across this country as a result of the BLM riots, which were publicly supported and encouraged by Biden, Harris, the Democrat Party, and their accomplices in the media. Where were the hearings and were the criminal prosecutions for the violent actions that took place during 2020 that led up to the election? Where were Liz Cheney and the two major political parties? They were too busy pursuing petty political witch hunts to be bothered with seeking real justice for the Americans who were killed, maimed, and deprived of their private property rights during the BLM/Antifa riots of 2020.