Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Consult Poll(Dec 20): Trump Leads by 15 Point Over Desantis
(12-27-2022, 08:01 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 05:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 04:39 PM)jetpilot Wrote: If the documents were that bad their contents would have already been leaked to all the usual outlets and/or the government would have filed charges by now. Whatever was stored in Trump's closet in boxes, at least it couldn't be accessed by our enemies like Hillary's illegal server. Obama took documents too and I don't believe the fake news narrative that it was perfectly fine. If it was a nothingburger with those two it's a nothingburger with Trump. Whatever Trump has in his closet doesn't make the top 1000 problems list in this country. If it was a Democrat you would be called a conspiracy theorist for even asking about it.
I don't put much credibility into anything that federal investigators claim but I have not heard or read where Trump has denied that he had documents stamped as classified at his Mar-a-Lago home. If he took classified documents home with him as he left office, then it was wrong of him to do so. I don't care if every American president in history did the same thing, it was still wrong, if it happened, just as it would have been wrong for Obama or any other private citizen to have done.

I know that previous presidents have taken documents, which have been deposited in "presidential libraries"  and used as resources for autobiographies. Retired federal politicians have enough perks without taking documents home with them to promote their own presidential legacies after they leave office.

I don't believe in the "everybody does it" defense. Trump has suffered horrible injustices at the hands of crooked politicians who have no respect for the law and I fully support investigating, prosecuting, and punishing the people responsible for those crimes. But, if Trump knowingly took classified documents home with him, then he deserves to suffer the consequences of his actions the same as any other American does. Regardless of whether he is guilty of the allegations or not, I don't want to see him running for president again because I think that this country can do much better.
And I don't believe in selective prosecution. Regardless, there is no crime charged/prosecution as of yet so it's a moot point.
I agree 100 percent but Trump taking documents to Florida with him was a political blunder whether it was a crime or not.

I want to see the Biden gang and Hillary behind bars for their crimes and the Trump administration made no progress on that front. There were too many executive orders and too little action that survived the end of Trump's term, IMO. "Lock her up" should have been more than a chant at political rallies. There was also no excuse for the FBI being able to cover up the evidence of the Bidens' criminal activities on Hunter Biden's laptop during Trump's own term in office. The swamp thrived while Trump was in office.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Morning Consult Poll(Dec 20): Trump Leads by 15 Point Over Desantis - by Hoot Gibson - 12-27-2022, 10:16 PM