Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Consult Poll(Dec 20): Trump Leads by 15 Point Over Desantis
(12-28-2022, 12:58 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 10:31 AM)TheRealThing Wrote: These guys have been desperate to charge him with something since before he took office and that is documented fact.

TheWashingtonPost.com Jan 20, 2017 — "At the moment the new commander in chief was sworn in, a campaign to build public support for his impeachment went live."
Yes, they have been desperate to saddle tramp with some ridiculous charge to prevent him from running again since before he took office and I think many real crimes have been committed as part of those efforts. The people responsible should be prosecuted. But the fact that Trump has been illegally persecuted by his own government is not a good reason to support Trump in his bid for a second term. The presidency is not, nor should it be a consolation prize.

If you believe that Trump is the best-qualified candidate in the GOP to be president, then you should support him in his quest for another term. I will support Trump's bid only if he wins the nomination and only because I have sworn to never support another Democrat politician for the remainder of my lifetime.

With the major exception of restoring some sanity to the Supreme Court, I consider the Trump presidency as a largely wasted four-year opportunity for this country to move forward for a change. Most of the other Trump accomplishments were in areas where progress was quickly reversed when Joe Biden took office. Whoever becomes the next Republican president needs to be capable of making lasting changes to the direction this country is heading through constitutional legislation and Trump has shown that he is not the right person for that job.
This is where I'm at as well. I have Trump fatigue. I love the way DeSantis destroys liberals at every turn while remaining pretty low-key. Trump exposed a ton of corruption but very little came of it and it has only gotten worse. In fact half the country still refuses to acknowledge any of it *coughcoughOSHcoughcough*. I'm ready to move on. Unless Trump is in charge he really doesn't help much, and I don't like that about him. Not a team player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Messages In This Thread
RE: Morning Consult Poll(Dec 20): Trump Leads by 15 Point Over Desantis - by jetpilot - 12-28-2022, 03:21 PM