Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McConnell & Omnibus: Did He Allow Democrats to Rob the New GOP House Majority?
(12-29-2022, 01:54 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 12:02 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: NO!!

Gran, just to play devil's advocate for a bit, does the safety of Tunisians not concern you? I had a very sweet student from Tunisia back in the spring. Both my student, who was living and studying in KY,  and her sister(a lawyer, living in Cali) were both born and raised in Tunisia. Their mom, dad, and brother still live in Tunisia. She said the citizens in her country live in fear of some of its neighboring countries, who would like nothing more than to seize Tunisia. With its accessibility to the Mediterranean coastline and strategic location, Tunisia has been a prize valued by numerous conquerers throughout the ages. Tunisians distrusted and feared Libya's Gaddafi while he was in power on their southeast border.  I know 400 M is a lot of money, but it's just a tiny drop in the bucket of the total of $858 B  in Omnibus monies that is appropriated for defense spending. 

No love for our Tuni Sunni friends?
Spending on Tunisian border security, like every other Biden foreign policy action, is a perfect opportunity to skim money to fund the Big Guy's cut. Call me a conspiracy nut if you want, but I believe that crooks in this country's two major political parties conspire to ensure that there is no real oversight of a large amount of federal spending so that billions of dollars paid to corrupt foreign governments can find its way back to political slush funds and private off-shore bank accounts.

This country is broke. The failure to secure our southern border is costing this nation trillions of dollars that both the current and future generations will be paying. Politicians like Biden, Pelosi, McConnell, and the Clintons do not become wealthy from their government salaries. Spending money to secure Tunisia's border makes sense only if one assumes that the money is not being spent for the stated purpose.
Messages In This Thread
RE: McConnell & Omnibus: Did He Allow Democrats to Rob the New GOP House Majority? - by Hoot Gibson - 12-29-2022, 02:50 PM