Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up to 80 percent of workers could see jobs impacted by AI
(03-30-2023, 01:10 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Not surprised AI can come up with drawings/pictures. That's the tip of the tip of the iceberg obviously. What does everyone want to use AI for?

For me:
1. research
2. personal assistant
3. business apps for the two industries I work in (make more money in way less time while improving the work product)
4. ghost writer for book I want to write when I retire
So far, I feel like I have just barely scratched the surface of what is already possible with the AI software that is available but I am thinking of useful applications for it faster than I can try them. Here are a few things that I have already tried and some that I plan to try soon:

1. Early this morning, I created two custom background images for Microsoft Teams. One was an office from the early 20th century with a cherry credenza on which a large aquarium containing tropical fish rested. The other one was an ultra-modern corner office located on the 10th floor of a building overlooking Washington, DC. I requested an espresso machine on a credenza and the AI also included a small conference table and chairs.

2. I asked the chatbot to retrieve the FCC question pool for the Extra license class from the American Amateur Relay League (ARRL) website and create a multiple-choice test that it could then grade. In less than a minute, I was taking a 10-question multiple-choice test and entering my answers for grading. My prompt was not specific enough for the AI to pause and let me answer each question but I am sure that I could do so. I could also specify the number of questions to ask. (ChatGPT-4 does not have access to the internet, which means that it retrieved the ham radio questions from an offline database.)

3. I plan to use ChatGPT-4 and MidJourney, the art AI, to pre-process photos as part of the process of laser engraving photos on materials such as maple plaques.

4. I have not yet begun to use ChatGPT-4 for generating code but I have tinkered around with it some. I had it create a small JavaScript function and also fed it some HTML code with some errors and asked it to find the errors and correct them. Security restrictions will limit how much I can use AI for work until and if the government decides to allow the software on the network.

5. I have already cut way back on my use of Google. It is much more efficient to use ChatGPT for basic research and the results are not affected (yet) by paid advertisers. My phone, a Google Pixel 6, has great voice recognition built in, which makes it very easy to use ChatGPT.

6. Writing. ChatGPT is great at creating a first draft of everything that I have thrown at it. It makes some mistakes from time to time, but anybody who generates a bunch of writing and publishes it without reviewing and correcting it first deserves their fate. But nobody who gets familiar with using AI needs to suffer writer's block ever again. If you want it to spit out answers to your questions in iambic pentameter, a limerick, or as a series of haikus, then ChatGPT will gladly comply.

7. Cooking and nutrition. ChatGPT does a great job creating recipes, complete with the nutrition facts per serving. You can feed it a list and quantities of ingredients that you have on hand and it will adjust the proportions of ingredients so that you don't have to run to the store. You could easily write a cookbook and include "photos" of the prepared food using MidJourney.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot
Messages In This Thread
RE: Up to 80 percent of workers could see jobs impacted by AI - by Hoot Gibson - 03-30-2023, 07:09 PM