Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tyquan Rice COY IN ALL CLASSES
(10-24-2023, 12:53 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 10:30 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Probably like beating a dead horse, but I’d give my vote to the one and only Sir Justin Haddix. Yea there’s talent there. But there’s talent in a lot of places that don’t produce what he’s done. Honestly I absolutely love the guys offense. Again I think a lot of people just look and see some stars and think it’s just hand it off here or throw it there. Not the case. If you look at his stint at boyle, at Corbin, he is so versatile in what he comes up with. He can design it quick and hit you with a shock and awe offense, or slow it down and control the clock, all without the offense looking out of sync. People can think what they want, I still think top to bottom Corbin’s team was more talented last year, he was the X factor. He gets his kids to play at their fullest, they have fun, and they get to the next level. When you do all of those and back it up with wins…. That’s a COY. Larkey did good, but I wouldn’t say it’s the toughest district in 3A with bell clay and Knox. Bells good. But after that…. Betsy lane did sometbing I think might be a school record there? Not sure.. and they should be absolutely proud of that. Congrats to them!! But when they played a decent team, it fell apart. Some of the teams out west not familiar with. Maybe PTs coach? Don’t know his bio??? LCAs coach has did very well this year. But it was never one that would just give out something to someone else just because a certain person has won it multiple times or the last year, etc. To me that’s a participation trophy and it devalues the prestige that comes with it.

Man, most people could take his team this year and  have a similar outcome. I would maybe be on board with this if he had no transfers, and was not coaching at a place with championship's under 3 head coaches.
Honestly I think some can get close to what he’s done success wise. But even those, not to the extent of what he’s done. Maybe 2 or 3 in Ky could… maybe. But 3 years in a row (I know that don’t count for this years COY, but for argument sake) is a tall task in one of the most difficult classes in the state. But like last year, I’m sorry you flip Corbin and boyles coaching staff, boyle don’t win that game. The 18’ boyle team, coming off a state championship the year before and not graduating that many, he took a Corbin team and shut them out. Beat a nice JC team years back with probably less talent. And yes he does have a deck full of aces, but you have to know when to play them. He’s the 12 man on that field. Now if they lose to FD, I’ll be the first one to take him out of the running, if I could. But I guess what I’m saying is he does more with less if need be, and a lot more have accomplished a lot less with very talented teams. I’m interested in seeing who is in the final runnings this year for it. But if he wins a ring, he’s deserving, if not, give it to the next guy.
Messages In This Thread
Tyquan Rice COY IN ALL CLASSES - by ROTC - 10-22-2023, 08:37 PM
RE: Tyquan Rice COY IN ALL CLASSES - by Westside - 10-23-2023, 10:05 AM
RE: Tyquan Rice COY IN ALL CLASSES - by Rip/Spin - 10-23-2023, 12:36 AM
RE: Tyquan Rice COY IN ALL CLASSES - by ROTC - 10-23-2023, 07:08 AM
RE: Tyquan Rice COY IN ALL CLASSES - by ROTC - 10-23-2023, 10:02 PM
RE: Tyquan Rice COY IN ALL CLASSES - by Hound05 - 10-23-2023, 10:30 PM
RE: Tyquan Rice COY IN ALL CLASSES - by ROTC - 10-23-2023, 11:11 PM
RE: Tyquan Rice COY IN ALL CLASSES - by Westside - 10-24-2023, 05:18 AM
RE: Tyquan Rice COY IN ALL CLASSES - by ROTC - 10-24-2023, 06:40 AM
RE: Tyquan Rice COY IN ALL CLASSES - by Mingo - 10-24-2023, 12:44 PM
RE: Tyquan Rice COY IN ALL CLASSES - by FCSPY - 10-24-2023, 12:53 PM