Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overachieving and Underachieving Teams
(11-12-2023, 09:24 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 09:05 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: If paintsville loses tomorrow they are an underachiever IMO, that would make them 6-6 with the best win coming to a 5-6 pike central team. Hope things can improve there but .500 seasons at Paintsville with a watered down schedule compared to years past is not acceptable.

Breathitt county… not one win is considered a great win. Yes you were gonna lose to Belfry and JC regardless, but Somerset perry and letcher should all be wins. 8-2 or 7-3 should’ve been the floor at breathitt with the talent they had but with this coaching staff that might be the ceiling forever.

I would sat E-town, returning Durbin who was a thousand yard rusher last year I thought they could be good. They have a lot of bad losses and best win is Shelby valley. They will end the year 5-7.

It’s hard to pick overachievers…

(11-09-2023, 09:04 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 07:31 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 07:21 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 07:04 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: No way we are comparing the schools in Johnson county in football since matney moved to JC. That was 2 decades ago, and there’s a reason the apple bowl is no longer a thought of being played. Running clock in 5 straight meetings and would’ve been every year since they quit. 

PS paintsville and jericho owes hazard a lump sum after the upset in 20’ to get that state title you speak of…

Football is classed for a reason. It’s shameful it took 30 years to get a coach that could consistently beat Paintsville. 

We don’t owe Hazard a dang thing. You do realize that Hazard didn’t have a single first down against Paintsville until the 4th quarter? It was going to take a great effort from a 1A team to beat us that night. 

PS his name is Chirico.

I don't think that you were watching the same game when Breathitt County played Somerset.  The Bobcats didn't get beat because of coaching.  They got beat because Somerset was better up front on both sides of the ball, more physical and way faster.  I'm not seeing all that talent that everyone keeps talking about on the Bobcats.  They were one of the slowest teams that I saw all season.  They had some decent sized kids, but they didn't have the speed to get to where they wanted to go.  Somerset wins that game handily 9 out of 10 times.
I have nothing to do with breathitt county, but the preseason hype from people on here, media, players, you name it… you should beat somerset or at least keep it competitive. Hell they were gonna beat belfry and JC a couple months ago supposedly. I didn’t watch the game but based off hype this was an underachievement. They have the talent in the school but utilizing it is different.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Overachieving and Underachieving Teams - by Gridiron_Raid - 11-13-2023, 05:17 PM