Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overachieving and Underachieving Teams
(11-13-2023, 01:40 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 02:31 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: I’ll try to share my thoughts on the far SEKY region down here.

Corbin- Win state or you don’t meet expectations. Simple as that. TBD

Whitley County - underacheived.  Had they beaten letcher and locked up the two seed I would have put them at as expected. Really dropped off at end of year too.

Williamsburg - I’m also gonna say as expected. To be honest, I think everyone knew this was a building year. No expectations and was the underdog to mboro coming into the year.

South Laurel - Overacheived. Honestly didn’t have an awful year that we’re use to seeing out of south. The HC loss was bad, but they picked up some wins and didn’t go 0-10

North Laurel - Underacheived. They looked worse as the year went on and never really was a threat to SW but there was a lot of talk in the preseason.

Lynn Camp - as expected. Not really much to say here. At least they did pick up a couple of wins.

Knox Central - Underacheived. Just a an underwhelming year for the most part even with Partin but I don’t think anyone really expected big things. Next year might be another rough one.

Bell County - As expected. Maybe even Underacheived a little. Defense was their downfall. Thomas still the best player in the entire area IMO. Might move them to overachieve if they can upset belfry.

Middlesboro -  I’m gonna say overachieve even though they really didn’t do anything that wasn’t expected. Still won district and only had one bad loss. I think they’ve done well this year.

Harlan County - Underacheive. What a mess. That’s all that can be said right now.

Clay County - As expected with a lean toward overacheived. The loss to Knox was a head scratcher. Other than that they played well and hung in there with the big dogs.

Rockcastle County - overacheived. Definitely a good year and won the games they needed too but the Paris loss was not ideal. But Paris has had a good year.

3 days later I'd say you could change North to as expected for making it to region, Bell to overachieving for beating Belfry at Belfry and setting things up where a path to Kroger Field is attainable, and I'd say Rock underachieved. Should've been undefeated playing that cupcake schedule.

I don’t disagree. Definitely change bell. Still not sold on north but I agree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Waitaminute
Messages In This Thread
RE: Overachieving and Underachieving Teams - by KnoxvillesFinest - 11-14-2023, 09:21 PM