Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
CAL
81.25%
Bell County
18.75%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County vs CAL (3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP) 12/2-2PM
(11-30-2023, 02:44 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: I think I alluded to this in my post.

You obviously haven't watched Hensley enough if you don't think he'd do the same as Thomas with the same number of touches against the Bell Co opponents.

As for Thomas, your mountain bias has gone berserk if you think he would get 5000 yards in the LCA offensive scheme. Yes, he would benefit from the balanced attack, but his touches would be limited just like Hensley's. All against much tougher competition. It's laughable to state he would average 21.3 yards per carry against that schedule. Come on man!

I'd expect the statistics to look almost the same if they swapped teams. It's a credit to both of them. To say it's not close shows more bias, because it is close. The national record puts Thomas in exclusive company. Outperform Hensley's game against CAL on Saturday (see stats in earlier post) should sway the voters too.
A difference of opinion I guess because I also think It’s not that close and to say it is actually shows your bias. Which one broke multiple state records including a 50+ yr old record?
Also the competition comment doesn’t hold water because it completely ignores the fact of the types of defenses Thomas had to run against and how much Hensley benefits from being on an all star team with top notch lineman and one of the top QBs in the nation.
Now here is the icing on the cake, LCA was supposedly the better team when Mayfield took them to the woodshed. Mr Football doesn’t play on the better team and get bumped from the playoffs. Mr Football puts his team on his back and carries them to the state finals… one guy has done that and for me that is the final point that ends the discussion.

None of this is to slight Hensley as he is a stud and has had an incredible run, it’s just unfortunate for his Mr football hopes that Daniel Thomas had a more incredible run, best in state history in fact.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • BobcatForever
Messages In This Thread
RE: Bell County vs CAL (3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP) 12/2-2PM - by fansville - 11-30-2023, 05:26 PM