Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 (NCAA Tournament First Round)
(03-23-2024, 04:06 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 12:23 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 01:00 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:39 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:24 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Everybody knows who the problem is

You, Plant Guy, Run it up your Gut, and anyone else who blames the coach for shots not falling. If guys play like they normally do and hit shots like they normally do, Cats win easily. This loss was not on coaching.

1. it was 100% on cal. Full stop. His lineups are the reason things happened like they did.

2. Wagner should have NEVER been the starter. From day one rob and Reed should have started. Edward’s should have never been given the leeway to shoot that he was given, Mitchell should have been forced to stay in the post. And none of the 7 footers were ready. Two of them can be blamed on cal. I’ll give him a pass on Z, which funny enough was probably better than the other two. 

3. Reeves, Reed, Rob, Thiero, and either Mitchell/7 footer should have been the starting lineup all year. His sheer arrogance and ego would not allow him to admit he was wrong. 

4. this isn’t Tennessee. Elite 8s aren’t the ceiling and sec titles should be expected as a gimme 80% of the time. 
he set himself up with these atrocious rosters. He should have worried about the portal instead of freshmen who were charmin soft. 

anybody still defending cal at this point is either family or just plain dumb. And I don’t think your last name is Calipari.

You got that right. He tries to change their style of play and holds them back. Bradshaw looks to uncoordinated to even play basketball.

too*
If it’s not Cals fault, who’s fault is it. He’s the guy who recruit the kids, he’s the guy that chooses the starting lineup, he the guy that calls the offense. How many times did we score after a timeout. This is good example of what kind of coach you have. I think it was twice. How many time did we score on inbound play under our own basket. None. I think it was 3 times on the year. The first time we played Tenn. they scored 7 times in that game. That should all you need to know about his defensive coaching. He make no in game adjustments, He gets absolutely no help from his assistants, all they are is hold back coaches when he go after the officials, and recruiters. I agree that whole bunch needs gone, from the president down.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 (NCAA Tournament First Round) - by insideinfo - 03-23-2024, 09:33 AM