Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Gundy Oklahoma State Head Football Coach
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:its basicly like this...I have had journalism ethics classes and basicly she defied everything they teach you in them...I can not belive the editor allowed it to be published both of them need a nice talking to...

She stands by her story; her paper stands by her and her story. Someone earlier said "maybe newspapers will think twice...." After Gundy got so ticked off and ranted and raved probably to his coaches before the press conference, what coach is then going to say, "Hey, I was a source in this story"? Is the criticism of athletes often extreme and out of proportion? Yes, of course. BUT, big time college athletics is a business; it is tough. It's like when you have a parent in politics: a thick skin is necessary. It's too easy to "for he's a jolly good fellow" the coach and bash the reporter. He stood up for his player and assumed shoddy reporting. My guess is that she was within the ethical limits of journalism; "only things bright and fuzzy" is not included.
Messages In This Thread
Mike Gundy Oklahoma State Head Football Coach - by thecavemaster - 09-26-2007, 07:57 AM