Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 7 Paintsville 4 (57TH District Tourney)
I don't want to bash anyone and certainly am not trying too.
IMHO, this loss for the Tigers was a result from the entire season, not just one game. I am not blaming individuals, players or coaches or parents. Blame, if needed to be placed, should be on the whole lot!
Can it be fixed befor next season....IMO probably not.
I am going to give an example, and I am sure there are some that will disagree.
We have a number of players that say might strike out or get picked off or any number of numbnuts things we have done over the past few years, anyway, when the players return to the dugout, they take off their helmet and throw, kick, slam them! that shows little respect for them, their team, coaches and parents to act in such a way. What happens to them? Basically nothing! Sure they might get yelled at sometimes. But they do it the next time as well. Why? Because our coaching staff has no discipline over them and they have little or any respect or fear of their coaches. Who's fault is it? everyone involved. Can it be repaired, IMO, no. Like I said, this has gone on for the last few years and if the coaches try and have a do-over, then the kids will just roll their eyes. they might not throw another helmet, but it won't be out of fear, respect or trust.

Trust.....now there is a word....
This team has missed the boat completely when it comes to trust. They don't trust themselves, their teammates or their coaches.

So do you see my point?

Would a new coaching staff help? I dunno.
Would it help if some kids transferred? I dunno.
Would it help if parrents were barred from practices and games? I dunno.
Should we scrap the baseball program altogether? H... NO!

Look...IMO, The problems with this team are deep.
We as parents, Coaches and Players will have to have thicker skin, and work together to get through this. Wether it works out or not.
We had some good times this year, but as a whole....it wasn't a fun year.
My son will be back next year for his senior season, I hope to see everyone then.
Messages In This Thread
Johnson Central 7 Paintsville 4 (57TH District Tourney) - by The Guru - 05-24-2008, 04:05 PM