Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are your Little League All-stars picked?????
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I know from going to the state tourney last year.. you better bring your best 12 or stay home. Why take a team that doesnt have the best players on it.. some say to have fun and the sport of the game. I am paying around 500-800$ and taking OUR family vacation to do this. I can see why parents get mad when you go and get beat by one run or two and know if you had the 3 players that should have been there, things could have been different. I have heard of taking kids that it is their first year playing but because DADDY has money and can help pay for a trip and kids who made the team last year have to sit!!!!
I understand about playing the sport for sport thats why every kid is mandated to play... ALLSTARS is whole different story.

All I know is that this year we better win state and go undefeated or someone will have the wrath of parents on them forever for not taking the best players to the tourney. From the parents of the kids that deserve to be there and see kids who dont need to make it,,,, and the parents of the kids that stay home because they are not picked and watch kids be picked before them who may have not played baseball until this year. Funny how good a kid gets the more that his parents can do for the team.

I know it may seem like I am whining but I can not figure it out, politics and adults kill the allstars when it comes to who goes.

I say take every board member and coach and go into a room and pick the 12, set that 12 and send them to bring back a state championship.

any thing less is just uncivilized!!!!!

I remember watching a few of your games down there, you looked pretty

good, but I get your point, you would be that much better and those 3 kids

that deserved to be picked would put you over the top. I was down there

because I played for FN 11/12. And before someone asks why I was in Little

League, I got the 5th year because of that rule change LL made.
Messages In This Thread
How are your Little League All-stars picked????? - by Jshort5 - 06-04-2008, 12:42 PM