Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seniors That Will Be Playing Baseball Next Year
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Because right now at Morhead you would be taken a lot of beatings. It is as competitive in some NAIA conferences than in some of the D1 conferences. Unless you are in a major conference there is not much difference in the two. Take Kentucky State for example, they are D2, and quite possibly the worst college baseball team in the state, with the exception of Berea, but they get killed and mercied by every NAIA team they face. Trust me when you get into the tough conferences of the NAIA it is as competitive as a lot of D1 conferences.

I don't know if you're old enough to remember the glory days of Morehead baseball but MSU was the team to beat in the state of Ky. When Steve Hamilton retired the baseball program took somewhat of a set back in recruiting. Until this year MSU hasn't had a coach that could or would recruit really good pitchers. MSU has a new coach in town now. He seems to be tryhing to get the better pitchers coming out of high school.
Let me ask you a question. Why is it that the pitchers that transfer from MSU (D1), that has had a pretty good record in the OVC, go to NAIA schools and become their best pitchers on the staff?
MSU played pretty good against some pretty good competition this season. They beat Marshall twice, they were leading UK 4-0 going into the 7th inning before UK had two homers in the 8th & 9th innings to win the game. Louisvill beat them 2-0 in a very well played game.
D1 is still a far tougher competition than any NAIA teams on a whole.
Messages In This Thread
Seniors That Will Be Playing Baseball Next Year - by kyrifle - 06-09-2008, 11:01 AM