Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seniors That Will Be Playing Baseball Next Year
kyrifle Wrote:You obviously agree that playing D1 is more competitive than NAIA. I don't think it matters a hill of beans where a kid plays as long as he plays. There are some really good D3 schools out there that can compete with some D1. That wasn't the premis of the post. The competition is what I'm talking about. Anybody that keeps up with baseball knows that there are really goods teams on every level.
As far as you thinking I know nothing about this game, you would be suprised. It's hard to have a good conversation on here with so many people who think their opinion is the only one that counts. It's childish.
Let me give you an example of a kid who could and probably should be playing at the D1 level and just fell through the cracks. I've got a friend who has 2 sons playing college baseball. One is a pitcher, a very good pitcher, who plays for a really good NAIA team. I know for a fact that D1 schools were looking at him. When these so called expert coaches are evaluating players they always have at least 3 plyers that they look at at every position. You have these players listed as a #1 ,#2 and sometimes a third player you are trying to decide who to give the scolly to. If you take to long as a coach waiting on the kid you have marked as your #1 to make up his mind to come to your school then the #2 gets an offer from a good NAIA school then the coach loses out on the kid that chose NAIA because he was tired waiting. This happens all the time. I think I've made my point and I don't expect anyone on here to agree with me, don't really care. Just an opinion from the cheap seats.

I dont care what your little numbers are posting i agree with you yes talent is in every level of baseball....but all i was saying is it doesnt matter what level that you play on some kids are better than others Yes......The main thing is getting to keep your carrer going and most importantly your School that is all I am saying and i know you will agree with me on that one.....
Messages In This Thread
Seniors That Will Be Playing Baseball Next Year - by SimplyDis1 - 06-12-2008, 12:11 PM