Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little League All Star Tournament at Paintsville!
UKCAT5FAN Wrote:It does go by runs allowed but it is an average of runs per inning I believe. They do that in case one team plays more innings than another. If 1 team plays 18 innings in 3 games and another team only plays 12 innings, that is why it's an average of runs per inning. So, in other words....get out the calculators. I hadn't used that algebra since high school but we were able to figure out exactly what was needed for us to win. Luckily we didn't have to resort to a tie-breaker because we (Russell-Flatwoods) won the district championship game.

i think they need to come up with something else because not only phelps get the raw end of the deal but beaver creek mercy ruled two teams and gave up only 10 runs and still didn't get in. i know they didn't play as many innings as some of the other teams but,it seems to me they punish you for beating a team by 10 runs or more and congradulate you for going in extra innings.
Messages In This Thread
Little League All Star Tournament at Paintsville! - by chop1990 - 07-13-2008, 06:11 PM