Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Big Men All-Time in the Mountains (14th, 15th, 16th)?
kybaseball Wrote:i think my statement holds a lot of credence.

May is not in the same class as Walker and Griffth.Sorry no disrespect meant.
Knipp is young but i think he could give May all he could handle if they were the same age.

I know Miller could handel May but i would take JR over Miller anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Late 70s early 80's compared to mid to late 90's is a little more than a decade.

As far as compairing Duncan to Shaq you said you would take a Duncan type player if i understand it right. I mention earlier that it depend on what kind of player you like would pick your side of the debate. :Thumbs:

MR KIMBALL I respect your side of the debate and as a poster on this board I would hope you would do the same.

All one has to do is go to the KHSAA site look up the basketball records and see who's name is there and who isn't.

[B]May was a fine athlete and player I have stated i didn't get to see him play much.I just like the way JR played and the way he carried himself on and off the court.That is why he is my #1.May seemed to be a little selfish and if it wasn't about him he picked up his toys and moved on. He did transferr twice so that says a lot[/B].
Didn't say that he was in the same class, but you seem to infer that that generation of players were inferior to the current generation. I just I think you are dead wrong and might be slightly generation biased.

Technicaly you could say that he only transferred once. I believe when he left Wake Forrest he felt his career was over due to his injury, and then decided to give it another try a little later on.

And as far as whatever skill challenge he faced at Pikeville College, The San Antonio Spurs evidently felt he was talent worthy enough to give a shot to by drafting him. They didn't seem to care that he finished up his career at Pikeville College.

It's fine that you liked the way JR played, because I did too. I support another local high school, but I always enjoyed watching him and his teammates play. I respect your choice and your opinion.
Messages In This Thread
Top 5 Big Men All-Time in the Mountains (14th, 15th, 16th)? - by Mr.Kimball - 08-19-2008, 02:31 AM