Poll: Abortion and Birth Control
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am for the birth control pill, but pro-life
44.74%
I am against the birth control pill, but pro-choice
0%
I am for the birth control pill and pro-choice
50.00%
I am against the birth control pill and pro-life
2.63%
I have no idea
2.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for?
More Cowbell Wrote:Did you even read my post? I was arguing against the use of the "It's her baby" defense, as was used earlier. I wasn't arguing about when life begins.

Since you bring it up, though, I think the argument that life begins at conception makes perfectly logical sense. A fertilized egg is not an infant, but will develop into one. A newborn infant is also not an adult, but likewise will develop into one.

Why should the health condition of the unborn even be a factor? No matter if the baby has a fully functioning brain or not, it is still a human life. It's not our place to try and play God.

Again, if you want to argue that a baby doesn't have rights until it is born, at least that has a logical basis. If you say that only completely healthy unborn children have any rights, then that doesn't hold water.

I read your post, the "...only viable argument" part. DId I misunderstand that? Of course, an atom, when split, can make a bomb or power a light bulb. However, an atom is not a bomb simply because it can become one. god's record isn't that impressive: as I understand it, the number of miscarriages (already a fertilized egg) equals or surpasses the number of live births. So, apparently, god can abort as many fertilized eggs as he or she likes...
Messages In This Thread
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for? - by thecavemaster - 10-16-2008, 03:50 PM