Poll: Abortion and Birth Control
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am for the birth control pill, but pro-life
44.74%
I am against the birth control pill, but pro-choice
0%
I am for the birth control pill and pro-choice
50.00%
I am against the birth control pill and pro-life
2.63%
I have no idea
2.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for?
thecavemaster Wrote:(1) A woman who chooses a miscarriage is not a murderer, unless "god" is a murderer, which in the OT he or she appears to be.
(2) Everyone makes judgments about the value of life, human or otherwise.
(3) Every woman, poor or rich, Afghan or American, should have the right to a a safe abortion.
(4) Nearly all people believe: (a) unwanted pregnancies should be avoided; (b) adoption is the best of a non-optimum situation.
(5) A fertilized egg has less value than the mother, in my opinion...not no value or very little value.

1) A woman who kills her unborn baby is not a murderer, only if the same principle applies to someone who blows another person away with a gunshot.

2) The only judgment I am making is that all human life is valuable and should be treated as such.

3) No one should be killing babies, I don't care how much money they have or how important they are. It's still murder.

4) Of course unwanted preganancies should be avoided. But if they do occur, murder is not the solution, adoption is.

5) If the fertilized egg does have value as a human life, how can it be so flippantly disregarded just because it would be an "inconvenience" to the mother?

thecavemaster Wrote:Accident victim flown to hospital. Flat EEG. Next of kin consulted. "Donate organs?" Victim can live on life support indefinitely. Man needs a heart. Woman needs a cornea. Kid needs a kidney. Victim is sacrificed to harvest organs. We make judgments as to value of life all the time.

This situation happens all the time, but is not applicable to the abortion debate. The victim is never "sacrificed" for the purpose of harvesting organs, that is a disgusting thought. The organs are never harvested unless the person is already dead, meaning they have been declared legally dead by the appropriate medical personnel. When the decision to harvest organs is made, it's not because the victim's life has lost its value, it's because the victim no longer has life. To think that the decision to "pull the plug" is due to a comparison of the relative value of the lives of the patients is disturbing.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for? - by More Cowbell - 10-27-2008, 04:34 PM