Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best middle school running backs playing in 2008?
Devilsmama Wrote:Wow sorry to hit a nerve. I just assumed that as a coach you would be more in to fundamentals since there really isn't a feeder program for Russell. I think at this point most of your younger kids dont worry about stats they worry about plays and winning and loosing, when you bring stats into the picture they start thinking of themselves and not as a team. I do enjoy looking at stats, however I just think at this age it isn't the best of ideas. This is a learning stage and these boys are all coming together for the official first time instead of being on the younger teams against each other. Some may have been moved around or put in different positions or not played as much on offense or deffense. I just think stats should be left for the older boys and the pros. To each his own though. Very glad that they did so well. Hopefully these will be the future State boys! With good coaching and hard work I am sure they will do wonderful things!

The interesting fact is that the kids dont know the stats, My son does not know how many yards he has total, I do not address the stats at practice or make a big deal about it.......Like I said,, the stats are to be published along with the game results so people can read.. It has not been used for anything other than a tool to help the staff. I dont know many kids who at 6th grade have an account on here and read the results but if they are on here,,,,,,,,, "Hey YOU DID A GREAT JOB THIS YEAR!!!!! We are proud of you!!!!!!!!"

I expect great things from these boys all around...... Accomplishemnts: Back to back state championship appearences in Baseball, qualifiying to run in the National Junior Olympics in track, Academic team greatness and much,much more.....

I feel that we as parents and coaches must provide everything we can to improve the quality of life, the quality of competition and the controlled life experiences that will make or kids better in life.....
That is just my thoughts and opinion and everyone knows what opinions are like areound here..............Everybody has one.....
MAMADEVIL--- I am glad to see adults on here interested in the youth and I hope that if you have a child still playing sports that everything goes well and that they have a great season and GO-DEVILS.....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Messages In This Thread
Best middle school running backs playing in 2008? - by DEVILOLOGIST - 10-30-2008, 02:45 PM