Poll: Abortion and Birth Control
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am for the birth control pill, but pro-life
44.74%
I am against the birth control pill, but pro-choice
0%
I am for the birth control pill and pro-choice
50.00%
I am against the birth control pill and pro-life
2.63%
I have no idea
2.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for?
More Cowbell Wrote:I was using the prom example to illustrate the silliness of some of the reasons that might be used to justify an abortion. Maybe they don't say it in those terms, but I bet a lot do say "Oh no. This will ruin my life." And when they say ruin their life, they mean the pregnancy will be an inconvenience to them.

You mention fear, anxiety, despair, and shock as emotions felt by teens who have just found out they were pregnant. I don't doubt that one bit, and I would also bet that those emotions are not just limited to teens. But, none of those feelings is reason enough to justify taking a life. I don't care how upset they are, it still doesn't equal a human life. Even if you say the unborn child isn't as valuable as someone already here, it still has to have enough value to not just flippantly discard it for the sake of convenience.

We cannot pre-suppose convenience as motive, willy nilly. Time magazine has a special edition out right not about human anatomy and the like. Toward the back, a human gestation imaging is included. My overall view is that ten weeks should be the, granted arbitrary, cut off point. In my view, nearly all human willed miscarriages should take place with the first four weeks of pregnancy.
Messages In This Thread
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for? - by thecavemaster - 11-03-2008, 03:35 PM