Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Team in Conferences (ACC, BEAST EAST, SEC, PAC 10, BIG 12, BIG 10)
mrfootball03 Wrote:Miami in the ACC? lol you've got to be kidding? Is this thread a joke? Carolina is the best in the ACC..
Pitt is best in Big East
Best in the SEC will be the winner of LSU/UK game
Big 10 Mich State
Big 12 Oklahoma
Pac 10 Arizona State

Great Post!

ACC - UNC hands down. Still probably the best team in the country, just not playing inspired baskebtall of late.

Big East - Man, that is tough. My heart says Pitt, but my head says UConn. UConn got beat by Pitt with Thabeet playing in bad shape. His injury early in that game completely took away his inside presence. Besides, neither would lose to Notre Dame by 35 :biggrin:

Big 10 - Michigan State is on teh verge of being a #1. Granted, like the SEC, this is not one of the better years for the league. There are some decent teams, but not many GOOD teams. MSU is defintely the best of the bunch.

Big 12 - Oklahoma. Yeah, Nostradamas above picked Texas to win, but so did many others. Texas is a very tough place to play, and they have knocked off five ranked teams in their gym. But Oklahoma was in that game until the end without Girffin. Griffin plays, Oklahoma wins. The Big 12 is very solid this year, telling me Oklahoma may even be better than I think they are.

Pac 10 - Arizona State. I'm very disappointed in how USC has played this year. All those Forsh that came with OJ last year, and a middle of the pack season for them? WOW, what a waste of talent. UCLA is a surprise to me. I really like Collison, but he was handcuffed against ASU. ASU may surprise some teams this year in the tourney.

SEC - I don't even know if this is a fair question. Can I answer NO ONE! IMO, it may be Florida, as much as I hate them. But, LSU is 11-1 in the conference, which makes them the sound #1 record wise. I guess if they beat Florida and UK, they prove they are the clear #1 and may well wind up with a 2 seed in the tournament based on how they do in the SEC tourney. They are 23-4, with their only conference loss to Bama, and that was when Bama was still a decent team. LSU is the #1 team in the SEC right now, beating 3 of the next five: SC 85-68, Tenn 79-73, MSU 81-57 & 97-94. To me, unless FL & UK knock them off, they are the #1 team in the league
Messages In This Thread
Best Team in Conferences (ACC, BEAST EAST, SEC, PAC 10, BIG 12, BIG 10) - by Stardust - 02-23-2009, 06:43 PM