Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go easy on the Fundraising... please?
NEXT Wrote:Cheering has got way to expensive.

No need for 8 uniforms, 5 pairs of shoes 37 hair bows etc.

4 unis, 2 pairs of shoes.

The extras is what gets you.

I agree about the expense. I could almost agree with the uniform thing... In this day and age, folks can get uni's that can be mixed and matched... sticking with their school colors as well. I agree on the shoes... and will add... there is no excuse to see cheer leaders in dirty shoes. All of these expensive bows are just a waste as are cheer curls and hair pieces. Hand tied ribbons are still very pretty.

Now... if a squad has members, who are unable to make the camp costs and extra expenses, then fundraising is the option, if there are members, who do not need to fundraise and wish to pay their way, that's fine too... annnd if those, who can cover the costs want to fundraise to help the other members, that is really nice... I just can not see taking camp voyages for squads, who (a) are not able to cover costs w/o mega fund raising (b) do not have the talent to take in the first place © could get the same benefit closer to home @ camps.

If the squad wants to fund raise to cover competition fees, choreography fees, stunt coaching fees and the like, that's fine... but let me interject this one morsel for thought... IF THOSE SAME CHEER LEADERS ARE REPRESENTING THE SCHOOL SYSTEM AND ARE USED FOR THEIR TITLE 9 AUDITS AND ARE PRESSED TO CHEER FOR EVERY TOM **** AND HARRY WHO WHINES FOR CHEER LEADERS... BE IT FOOTBALL, BASKETBALL, SOCCER, VOLLEYBALL... STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN THE LINE, THEN BY GOLLY THE DOG-GONED SCHOOL SHOULD COVER UNIFORM EXPENSES FOR ALL OR AT LEAST A MATCHING TYPE DEAL!

And back to my main point, HEY PEOPLE, STOP HAVING ONE CONTINUOUS FUNDRAISER AFTER ANOTHER... SPACE IT OUT, SO WE, THE CONSUMER/SUPPORTER. CAN REPLENISH THE "CHEER SUPPORTER KITTY" SO WE CAN HELP YOU OUT!
Messages In This Thread
Go easy on the Fundraising... please? - by NEXT - 05-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Go easy on the Fundraising... please? - by IISnakE - 05-23-2009, 02:04 AM