Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is cheerleading considered a sport @ your school?
twinsbaseball20 Wrote:im going out on a limb here, but this is just my opinion. i feel that for cheerleading to be considered a sport in kentucky, that there needs to be a cheerleading competition, because what kind of sport stands on the sidelines of a football game every friday night and cheers, that to me is not considered a sport. HOWEVER, i think that if the cheer squads came together for a tournament, like any other kentucky sport, and competed for a state title, like every other ky high school sport, then KHSAA would recognize it more, and it would sooner or later be considered a 'sport' in Kentucky

They do more than just cheer one football game a week. They start with tryouts in April or May. Then they begin conditioning and practices till dead period. They go to camps and practice all summer long. Then they cheer football games, boys bball games, and girls bball games. Plus they compete in district and regional KAPOS. If they win they move on to STate Kapos. That is the state title that like every other sport that takes place for the State of Kentucky. Their season last longer than any other sport at the high schools.
It may not be considered a sport to KHSAA, but they need to reconsider. This is a very demanding sport who work and competes year round.
Messages In This Thread
Is cheerleading considered a sport @ your school? - by Bubbles - 06-10-2009, 12:34 PM