Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landon Slone Withdraws From Morehead State
ramblinman Wrote:Not saying that at all just saying that, as we have all seen, Calapari is concerned about pleasing the fan base and I am not sure that he fully understood what it meant to the people of this state to have a homegrown mountain kid on the team when he made the decision not to bring Landon back. By the time that Calapari realized the potential bad PR move (remember his twitter) Landon had already decided to go to MSU. I am not so sure that Cal would have reconsidered the move if given the opportunity. What does he have to lose to have a kid that is a fan favorite, made the dean's list, and busts his tail every day as a walk on?
I dunno, but I think the new fan favorites are Wall, Cousins, etc, etc, etc. I'm willing to wager that there is noone outside of the mountains that gives a tiddly toot about a mountain boy being on the team, as long as they get a national championship.

Realisticly, all the fanbase wants to see is win, win, win. And that's all,....... period. Win a championship with kids from say, The Sudan, and your a god. Loose with mountain boys, and you'll get run out of town in the blink of an eye.. Sorry, but that's the fan base mentality in a nut shell.
Messages In This Thread
Landon Slone Withdraws From Morehead State - by Mr.Kimball - 08-24-2009, 10:02 PM