Poll: Who would you like to see Boise State play in the regular season
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Florida
56.52%
Texas
4.35%
Oklahoma
0%
Georgia
0%
Alabama
8.70%
USC
4.35%
Ohio State
4.35%
LSU
0%
Notre Dame
17.39%
Other
4.35%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boise State begging to play big schools!!!
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:First of all nobody is proposing that Boise State be admitted to the SEC. Boise State has simply made the offer to play any team on any field in the country and there are no takers. Stardust says he's afraid that they won't be any good in two or three years and uses that as an argument not to schedule them now. That doesn't keep SEC and other BCS Conference powers from scheduling Troy, Furman, Akron, Citadel, New Mexico State, SC-Charleston, Texas State, EKU, Louisiana - Monroe, Memphis, Delaware State, Eastern Michigan, Arkansas State, etc... on a regular basis. I say go ahead and replace Troy with Boise State. If Boise is no good then you have another guaranteed win. If they are good, then you get a great game at home that sends you up in the rankings if you win.

As for asking if BSU can compete in the SEC; Kentucky and Vanderbilt can't compete in the SEC and I don't hear any chatter about tossing them out. Boise would drill either of those cellar dwellers! :Thumbs:

This post is similar to one I posted earlier in this thread. No one is arguing they can beat the good teams but they have proven themselves a worthy adversary more so then these rinkydink programs the big dogs play every year. If they suck, why not play them, it will be an easy win. Schedule them for homecoming. I don't see the point of arguing against Boise when these programs are playing cellar dwellers every year.
Messages In This Thread
Boise State begging to play big schools!!! - by OrangenowBlue - 11-12-2009, 09:39 PM