Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
North Carolina Tar Heels
9.80%
Kentucky Wildcats
90.20%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(11) North Carolina @ (4) Kentucky 12/5
For those that say UK is overrated... of course they are. For a team that was in the NIT last year to be rated #4 at this point in the season is silly. Do I think they will be one of the best four teams in the nation come March? You betcha I do, but they are nowhere near the #4 team right now. I would put them somewhere #20-25 to be honest.

Now, as for the game. While I said I thought UK was overrated, I think UNC is too. After watching them play a few games so far, I would rank them somewhere in the low teens. It really should be a pretty even matchup. As good as Patterson and Cousins are, the Heels do have the advantage inside. Thompson and Davis are every bit as good as UK's inside duo, plus Tyler Zeller coming off the bench is better at this stage than Orton. So UNC gets the nod here, and the difference will be even more pronounced if Cousins gets in early foul trouble. I'm not sure UK can win if he spends half the game sitting next to Coach Cal.

However, we have a decided advantage in the backcourt. Wall, Bledsoe, and Miller are definitely better than UNC's Drew, Graves, and Ginyard, and that's not even considering Dodson coming off the bench. Personally, I think Wall will have a field day.

Even though I have that nagging feeling that UK will lose this game based on how they've looked so far, on paper we are still the more talented team. I'm going to say that John Wall, and a jacked-up home crowd, will carry us to the victory.

UK 83, UNC 80.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
(11) North Carolina @ (4) Kentucky 12/5 - by LWC - 11-30-2009, 04:55 AM
(11) North Carolina @ (4) Kentucky 12/5 - by More Cowbell - 12-03-2009, 03:23 AM