Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BCS National Championship: (1)Alabama 37 - (2)Texas 21
badbunton Wrote:I don't mean to sound mean, not start a rumble, but I have to say this..... never, the entire game was a clear definition given to the nature of McCoys injury, other than a sprain. His post game interview contradicted the highlights of him during the second half on the sideline. His high fives and overhead clapping would lead me to be believe he had feeling in his arm. I can't help but think that this was a national championship game, and his injury was described a sprain. Don't mean to sound harsh but, get a cortizone shot and play, if only to lead a running game. If I were a lineman who had worked my butt off to protect his all year and years before, and if I wasn't going Pro myself, I would probably tell him to take his NFL checkbook and go to the house. I want go to players on my team, not cop out guys. I am a SEC diehard, and am so proud that Bama won, however, I just am amazed that Colt McCoy went out with a sprain, and watched that game from the sideline. I question heart....I know millions talk, however, what does a goose egg performance in a losing game do for him in the draft...except provide a perfect excuse, I sprained my arm. Just food for thought!!!! Don't shoot me. I felt sorry for Gilbert, and 18 year old kid put in that position could ruin his entire college career, not to mention he stood to be the starter next year. It was just an unfair situation to be put in. Texas showed heart, I appreciate that. With all that said Roll Tide Roll and Go SEC....the strongest, fastest, biggest conference in college football.

First off, just because he was able to move his arm on the sideline does not mean that he had feeling in it. There are motor nerves and sensory nerves. Also, the move that you were seeing on the sideline is much different than having the strength and coordination to throw a football.

Secondly, a cortizone shot would only help pain, which he did not have.

As far as him copping out or not having heart, he tried to return to the game. As I watched post game interviews and read reports, I heard Mack Brown say that Colt tried to return, but he would not let him. Also, when it showed Colt's dad going into the locker room, it was because Colt told the trainers and doctors that he could return. His dad told Colt to throw him the ball. Colt attempted three times and could not throw it 7 yards to him. His dad told him he was done.

I do not think that Colt would cop out because of the money. He has worked for four years for that game and could have left for the NFL last year, but came back to win a national championship. Colt McCoy is a CLASS ACT!!!

At the time you posted this without the benefit of hearing the reports I can see where you were coming from though. Unless you are a Texas fan or a follower of Colt McCoy to know what type of person/player he is.
Messages In This Thread
BCS National Championship: (1)Alabama 37 - (2)Texas 21 - by ImagineThat! - 01-08-2010, 02:22 PM