Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky
92.50%
Cornell
7.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Kentucky vs. (12) Cornell - Sweet 16- Thursday 9:57 PM
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am usually a pretty cautious UK fan and this game seems to be the upset flavor of the week.....

With that said I am going to make a bold predicition and say UK wins this by 15+ points!

Let's get away from "who played who", "Senior leadership", "homecourt advantage", and look at the fact that from roster spot 1-10 there is not a single position where you would take a Cornell player over a UK player. UK has 2 All-Americans and 4 players projected in the NBA Draft's Lottery at the moment. UK has arguably the best PG and best player in the country. UK has a size, speed, athleticism, and strength advantage at essentially every position.

Northern Iowa beat Kansas thanks to timely clutch shooting, equivolant presence in the paint, and above all else DEFENSE. Northern Iowa is one of the Top 3 defensive teams in the country, Cornell is not. Cornell is a very prolific offense, but they are far from the ball control, tempo controlling offense that Northern Iowa used. For the fast tempo and the high point total UK scores they are pound for pound one of the best defensive teams in the country. People forget that. As good as UK's offense looked against Wake Forest their defense was all the more impressive.

Cornell will fight with Kentucky for a while and keep it close for a Half. But expect UK to slowly build on a lead until the end when they are able to open the game up a bit.

Cornell's only hope is early foul trouble for Cousins, UK to be ice cold from 3, and for Wall and Bledsoe to try and force the pace. This could happen, but that is the ONLY way Cornell upsets UK.

I do agrree thats the only way cornell wins! Look back this happend alot this season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Messages In This Thread
(1) Kentucky vs. (12) Cornell - Sweet 16- Thursday 9:57 PM - by theVILLE - 03-23-2010, 03:12 PM