Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky: Players Leaving/Recruiting Discussion
Jody Demling, recruiting guru for the Courier Journal, chatted with all of the recruits at the McDonald's All American Game and found some interesting news.

The biggest news from the interviews seems to be each of the five UK targets have been told five underclassmen are leaving for UK. Raleigh (N.C.) forward C.J. Leslie - a former teammate of UK freshman John Wall - actually corrected me when I asked him a question about guys leaving and said, "No, five are going." I had asked how much of an impact it would have on his decision if three or four guys declared for the NBA Draft.

Another player told laughed when a group was asking him about guys leaving Kentucky and later said he was told "Wall, Pat, Bledsoe, Cousins and Orton are all gone." So that's the assumption that the best of the best high school players left undecided are going by.

Oak Hill's Doron Lamb said "who goes and who comes back" will have a major impact on what school he decides to attend and Terrence Jones said he's "watching everything" and then will try and process all the information when Oregon hires a coach.

Florida standout guard Brandon Knight (photo) slipped up and used the word "we" when asked a UK question by WKYT's Steve Moss in an interview. But I spent a lot of time with Knight and he said over and over again that who comes or goes won't have an impact on his final decision.

Knight said he has "not made a final decision," despite all the rumors that he has already made a verbal commitment to the UK staff.

If all 5 leave would it be possible to get Knight, Selby, Jones, Leslie, and Lamb? Add on Poole and Kanter and you have another #1 recruiting class, maybe even better than last year's class. I really didn't think Selby would be a Cat if Knight came, but there is chatter they could be playing in the same backcourt at Kentucky next year. What a wild recruiting season it will be!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nationofblue.com/recruits-bei...bound-736/
Messages In This Thread
Kentucky: Players Leaving/Recruiting Discussion - by Strikeout King - 03-30-2010, 04:09 PM