Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constructive Criticism and Help Needed
LWC, you are off to a great start, IMO, but I do have a few suggestions. First, I see the following in the upper left corner of the screen, which is probably supposed to be hidden: "Union Chapel United Methodist Church Grider's Chapel United Methodist Church."

I like to minimize the amount of scrolling that users must do to view basic content. The header image is beautiful but it takes up a lot of real estate. I would consider cropping its top and bottom, overlaying the title onto the image and then changing the font color of the title to maximize contrast with the image. This would give you more room for content.

Other than the items mentioned above, I like the layout of the website. I have only viewed the pages using Google Chrome, and they may appear somewhat different in other browsers - especially Internet Explorer. Both Chrome and Firefox have superior debugging tools available for developing websites. When I can, I prefer developing using Firefox with the Firebug debugger installed and then testing in both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Unfortunately, security concerns at work don't allow me that luxury.
Messages In This Thread
Constructive Criticism and Help Needed - by LWC - 07-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Constructive Criticism and Help Needed - by Hoot Gibson - 07-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Constructive Criticism and Help Needed - by LWC - 07-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Constructive Criticism and Help Needed - by LWC - 07-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Constructive Criticism and Help Needed - by LWC - 07-17-2011, 07:05 PM