Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer Freezing and Shutting down...
"torQQue" Wrote:Thats a pretty log file now alfus.. No sign of the autodisc.exe either..

I suggest that you download adaware se from http://www.lavasoft.com and scan your computer..

Empty all your browser history, cache and temporary internet files..

Then defragment your hard drive.. (probably will take allnight) So start defragging right before you go to bed) .. before you start defragging make sure you turn off your screensaver if you have one..

If this doesnt improve performance I would consider reformatting as some parts of the registry may have become corrupt.. Doesn't sound like a hard ware issue. But its possible. Bad ram, bad hard drives and even bad power supplies can cause computers to shut off under little or no work load.. But like I said, try those options and see how things go. If it still continues I will walk you through reformatting that machine. If it continued after a reformat then we could start looking into hardware related problems.

Thanks :thumb:, I really think it might be a hardware problem though as well, because I run adaware everyday, and I defragmented my computer today while at class...But if it gives me anymore serious trouble I know where to go..Thanks..later
Messages In This Thread
Computer Freezing and Shutting down... - by alfus21 - 02-21-2006, 05:12 AM