Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, it does not. They are not members of a constitutional minority. They do not have civil rights above and beyond everybody else simply because of their lifestyle choices. There is nothing unconstitutional in the government recognizing marriage between one man and one woman. If government chooses, through the enactment of laws, to recognize marriage as being only between members of the same sex, there would likewise, be no denial of constitutional rights to heterosexual couples. This is not a constitutional issue. It is a legislative issue. No civil right is at stake.
I don't think they want to go above and beyond everybody else. I'd say they just want the same privileges and benefits that other couples get. Of course, in your mind you are always right, and everybody else is unenlightened, so I don't expect you to comprehend any of this. As I've said before, I can't understand why you don't share your intellect with Washington? If everybody is so ignorant on constitution law up there, help them out a little, and set them straight. Why are you withholding all that knowledge from Washington, while you are right there in town?
Messages In This Thread
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill - by TheRealVille - 02-20-2012, 02:34 PM