Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan
:thatsfunn A picture's worth a thousand words, PT

Beetle01 Wrote:I respect them until they act that because of their service I owe them something, or that in some way makes them better than me because "they fought and defended our freedoms"

Sorry we have fought a war for our freedom and security since WW2. All other wars have been monetarily and politically motivated wars.

If he was drafted then I could still empathize with him over that. It would suck to be drafted to go fight in some politicians war with your hands tied behind your back by the RoE.

I am no more free or secure today than I would have been if the wars in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan never happened. I come from a family of servicemen, most of whom are/were lifers. Many close friends who are also. Their opinion is the exact same as mine. None of those wars were about freedom and security. Afghanistan had the right motivation about it, but it stopped being about freedom and security in mid 2002 and turned into something else. A war about poppy fields and mineral rights.

The ACLU has done more for my freedom than any of those wars. Is Al Qaeda any less of a threat today than they were on 9/12/2001? The answer is no. If anything they may be more of a threat because we have failed to secure our border. A border in which nearly every day they are finding evidence of Muslims crossing.

There are active terrorist cells in this country right now. There are active terrorist cells in our state. Bring our forces home and defend our borders which is the job defined by the Constitution. Not guarding poppy fields.

I respect and care about our soldiers, which is why I don't want them over there fighting more BS wars, all because we continue to back the Jewish state. America had no enemies in the ME until we propped up and supported the Israel.

What ever. I don't care if your grandfather was Chester Nimitz. Your wrong, especially about the bolded.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan - by TheRealThing - 07-17-2012, 09:50 PM