Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 7 Paintsville 5 (15th Region Championship)
twentythree Wrote:Are you kidding me? How are you going to make the statement "Paintsville should've mercied Sheldon Clark..." when Sheldon Clark defeated Paintsville TWICE in the season. And in my opinion, Brady Horn wasn't throwing "meat" all night. He is a FRESHMAN pitcher... give him some credit. How many 15 year olds do you know that can handle the pressure of a regional championship? Horn did extremely well. As for the pitching change... that was RIDICULOUS. If they wanted the win so badly, the coach should have left Grimm in (probably so he could bean Harless yet again, but nonetheless..), he was still pitching fine, and such a late pitching change spelled nothing but trouble... piss poor coaching from what I see. Each time Pugh has pitched against SC, we have murdered the ball... I know you HATE to admit it, but Pugh just is not that good of a pitcher. And you're right that Paintsville didn't hit the ball worth a shit, when do they ever? B May could have stood there, pitching the ball underhanded with his left hand and the Cardinals still would have sealed the victory. Paintsville LUCKED out with the draw that they got and were absolutely BLESSED to be in the championship game, period.

My point is, your ridiculous notions are just that... plain ridiculous.

Bottom line -- Paintsville just isn't that talented.

Seriously now, do you have to rag on the players. Okay maybe you all have shelled Pugh. But to say P-ville didn't hit worth a shit, when do they ever? I mean seriously, it isn't like SC murdered Paintsville at any point in the year. They beat Paintsville by a combine total of 6 runs in 3 games. If I remember correctly, Andrew Brown took Brandon may yard twice in one game. I mean seriously. You act like Paintsville is terrible, when they were at the top of the region all year. SC made it to the championship, and won it deservingly so with the road they had to take. Yeah the Tigers did luck into the draw but seriously, why rag on them? Some of us have said nothing negative towards SC but yet you continue to rag. Enjoy the championship but why not do it positively and with a little sportsmanship. I'll be rooting for the Cards from here on out.
Messages In This Thread
Sheldon Clark 7 Paintsville 5 (15th Region Championship) - by The Blue Blur - 06-01-2006, 03:49 AM