Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
irs targets conservative voting groups
More corruption from the "transparency for thee but not for me" administration. The IRS has been targeting conservative groups since at least 2011 and its top brass is lying every time that they claim that they were unaware of the allegation.

In March, 2012, Mark Levin, President of Landmark Legal Foundation and a nationally syndicated talk radio host, sent a letter to the Treasury Department's Inspector General's office about the IRS's targeting of conservative organizations.
[INDENT]
Quote:“Shortly after they got the letter, two agents from the Treasury Department’s inspector general’s office[Image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png] did interview me fairly thoroughly at our offices at Landmark — wanted all the information we had, which I provided them and I also discussed with them what I considered the law to be and what I considered the violations to be. I gave them our various contacts and then they left and we never heard from them again, which is typical.”
[/INDENT]Fox News and other conservative media outlets had covered the IRS abuses prior to Levin's letter but no action was taken and Levin referenced those media reports in his letter. (Remember that 2012 was an election year and the Obama administration had a campaign to wage.)

It seems that the response by liberals to any Obama scandal is to immediately resort to the "everybody does it" defense, without offering any evidence that anybody else actually did whatever "it" is.

Using the IRS for political purposes is one of the abuses that brought down the Nixon administration. There is no excuse for it and there is no excuse for the ongoing cover-up.
Messages In This Thread
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-11-2013, 10:40 PM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by Hoot Gibson - 05-12-2013, 08:01 AM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-13-2013, 08:57 AM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-13-2013, 09:38 AM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-13-2013, 10:04 AM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-13-2013, 10:32 AM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-22-2013, 01:44 PM